SDA members receive secure, reliable and immediate access to accurate information and analysis that greatly improves operations for:
- Conjunction assessment
- RF interference and geo-location support
- Authoritative contact information for a given space object
Members can be assured of following industry best practices for the mitigation of operational risks, while at the same time, reducing their workloads by automatically passing data to the SDA’s Space Data Center (SDC), operated by a trusted third party service provider, whose sole task is to assess the status of the space environment in which a member’s key assets are operating.
The SDC is continuously available due to its distributed, multiple-redundant, high-availability architecture. SDA member use of the SDC will never be pre-empted due to the operational requirements of other users.
Additional SDA membership benefits:
- Authoritative source for member ephemerides, RF data and satellite contact
information, since member data are always the most up-to-date and accurate.
- Each member provides ephemeris data to the SDC in their native form. SDC automated processing seamlessly transforms that data into a standard working reference frame for optimum conjunction analysis accuracy while allowing SDA members to continue to leverage investments made in legacy systems.
- Members assessing possible conjunctions benefit from the SDC’s avoidance decision tools and expertise to help members make better-informed choices.
- For uncontrolled objects, multiple data sources and/or numerical data enhancement techniques can be applied by the SDC to improve accuracy and enable better operational decisions.
- SDA member data is initially validated and then regularly calibrated to maintain data integrity and system accuracy ensuring reliable predictions you can count on.
- Member data is automatically ingested, checked and analyzed for conjunctions at a frequency consistent with each SDA member’s pace of operations.
- Global outreach for additional sources of quality tracking and ephemeris data to
ensure full system availability and enhance future conjunction analysis accuracy.
- Multiple international access nodes for service diversity and redundancy.
- All member data strictly controlled, legally and operationally protected from unauthorized access or use.
- Opportunities for distribution to members of other space-operations-related data.
- RFI checks and geo-location services are also available among participants wishing to secure their communications links or those of customers.
- SDA has no other agenda than working to enhance its members’ safe and